Saturday, August 2, 2008

KDE 4.1 - Add a Desired Application to the Panel

There was a very very very little argument with a friend of mine (Gav) :), how to add a desired launcher to the panel. At that time as he and I felt there is no a simple way to do that. I admitted at that time. But not now. :) simply because I found a very simple way to add such a launcher to the panel. I wonder why it didn't come into my mind earlier.

How to do it...

1. Get the Menu editor (by right clicking on the application launcher)
2. Then select the desired place that you want to add the launcher. (Say -- Development)
3. Click "New Item" on menu bar and put the desired name for your launcher.
4. Then do all the configurations you want. (Name, Command, Icon, etc...)
5. Save and exit the KDE Menu Editor.
6. Now click on desktop or on panel and Unlock widgets.
7. Then click on application launcher, go to Applications then find the launcher you newly added. (in my case its under Development sub category)
8. Right click on the launcher of your desire and select "Add to Panel" to add that launcher to the Panel.

That's all...Enjoy... Hope you have any comments... :)

1 comment:

Thilanka Niroshana said...

Hi man it is nice that you found out a way. Way to go. "If there is a will there's a way"
I'm eagerly waiting to try kde 4.1